Israel must lift all sanctions against the Gaza Strip
22 January 2008
Friends of Al-Aqsa: Israel must lift all sanctions against the Gaza Strip
Following international condemnation, Israel has eased the blockade against the Gaza Strip to allow through enough fuel to power Gazas only power station for a further 3 days. However, this is merely temporary respite and the beleaguered people of Gaza desperately need this siege to come to a complete end.
Ismail Patel, Chair of Friends of Al-Aqsa said: This is collective punishment and constitutes a war crime. Israel has deliberately driven the people of Gaza into desperate poverty. This is not helping peace, but rather it is fostering even greater anger, animosity and hatred between the people of Palestine and Israel. This must come to an end and Israel must halt its collective punishment of innocent civilians.
For further comments, call Ismail Patel on 07711 823524
Take Part in the Vigils
1. The Lights Have Gone Out in Gaza
Thursday 24th January 2008
Leicester Town Centre
The Clock Tower
- There is a humanitarian catastrophe taking place in Gaza.
- Food, Medicine, fuel and all other vital supplies have been drastically cut.
- Hospitals have no electricity
- Medical patients are dying from treatable illnesses.
- Food supplies are running out
- Gaza has become an open air prison.
Organised by Friends of Al-Aqsa and the De Montfort University Islamic Society
2. End the Siege on Gaza International Day of Action
Join us in protesting against Israel blocking desperately ill Palestinians from accessing medical treatment and its escalating military attacks on Gaza.
Friends of Al Aqsa is a voluntary organisation concerned with the defence of
Al Aqsa Haram Sharif and the protection of Palestinian Human Rights.
P.O. Box 5127, Leicester. LE2 0WU. England.
Tel 077 11 823 524