Friends of Al Aqsa
The Friends of Al-Aqsa is a non-profit making organisation with voluntary staff concerned with the defence of basic human rights of Palestinians as supported by various international groups and organisations. It also stands for the protection and safety of Al-Aqsa Haram Sharif (The First Qibla) in Al Quds (Jerusalem).
Palestine has been occupied since 1948 and Al-Aqsa Mosque since 1967. The illegal occupying force has created nearly 6 million refuges who till this day are living in make shift camps, tents and as second rate humans in other countries. Those that remained in occupied Palestine are having to shoulder the harsh burden of apartheid laws. Their movement within their own country is restricted, they cannot build houses nor have rights of family re-union. They can be arrested without reason and be detained indefinitely. They suffer the double whammy of being denigrated at all social levels and at the same time taxed heavily. They have been restricted their religious, political, educational, legal and other basic human rights.
The Al Aqsa Haram Sharif, which is one of three most Holy Mosques in Islam and whose virtues and status is stated in the Holy Qur’an and Ahadiths (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him) has and is under attack. In 1969 damage due to arson attack by a Zionist zealot took twenty years to repair. Several excavations underneath the Mosque sanctioned by the Israeli government is weakening the foundation and cracks have started to appear on some parts of the Mosque walls. Recently Zionist organisations, seventeen in all, including ‘The Temple Mount Fund’ ‘The Temple Institute’ and ‘The Research Institute for the Temple’ have openly declared to demolish the Al-Aqsa mosque and the Dome of the Rock and replace it with a Jewish Temple. Although this is against the Jewish scriptures as stated in the Halacha. The proposed plans and photographs have been printed in Jewish papers, postcards of the photographs are sold openly in the Jewish quarter of Jerusalem. A scale model of the proposed Temple is put on view in the lobby of Land Hotel, in Jerusalem. These groups are working without any restrictions from the state and are confident that a Jewish Temple will be built on the site of Al-Aqsa Haram Sharif .
The UN Security Council has passed more than 20 resolutions condemning Israel’s annexation of Old Jerusalem and its military occupation of West Bank and over 100 times re-affirmed the right of Palestinian refugees to return to their homeland. Repeated violations of human rights, disregard for International Law, restriction of access into Al-Aqsa and the physical desecration of Al-Aqsa is being committed routinely.
Aims & Objectives
The following aims and objectives will be pursued using all the available peaceful, legal and democratic means.
(a) To highlight Human Rights’ abuses suffered by the Palestinians.
(b) To emphasise the significance and the centrality of Al-Aqsa Mosque to the Islamic faith and the Muslim identity and re-affirm the Muslim historic and religious rights to the area.
(c) To restore the overall control and management of Al-Aqsa mosque to the rightful hands of Muslims.
(d) To expose any threats and conspiracy aimed at demolishing Al-Aqsa Mosque.
(e) To make available funds for the restoration and maintenance of the Al-Aqsa buildings including the Dome of the Rock.
(f) To bring pressure on the Governments of Muslim countries to take a united and firm stance against human right abuses suffered by Palestinians and on the liberation of Al-Aqsa.
(g) To bring pressure on the British government to make Israel respect International law and human rights.
(h) To bring the Palestinian “ISSUE” to the attention of those concerned with international law, human rights and UN Resolutions.
(i) To mobilise international condemnation on the apartheid policies.
(j) To organise conferences and seminars on the Palestinian issues.
(k) To print material on the Palestinian issues.
(l) To lobby head’s of Governments, elected Members of Public offices and Foreign Secretaries as a way of achieving an international recognition to the right of Palestinians and Muslims to the custody and guardianship of Al-Aqsa.
(m) To use all legal means to raise the profile of the issue and create awareness in the general public.
(n) To participate with international heritage, cultural and humanitarian organisations in joint ventures leading to the advancement of the aims.
(o) To open direct contacts with International Organisations in order to achieve human rights for the Palestinians.
APPLICATION TO BECOME A FRIEND
Why You Should be a Friend ?
1. Palestinians are living under an apartheid regime, which needs to be abolished.
2. The human rights abuses and the right of return of Palestinian refugees need a pro-active approach by the morally conscious citizens of the world.
3. Al-Aqsa the first qibla of Islam, for over 14 centuries has formed an important article of faith and played an important role in the Islamic Civilisation.
4. Al-Aqsa and those worshipping within it have been victims to numerous attacks since the Israeli occupation of Jerusalem.
5. Several Tunnels dug under the Al-Aqsa sanctuary is undermining the structure of the Mosque and scientists claim the slightest earth tremor is likely to bring the Mosque down.
6. Extreme Zionist organisations have openly declared to destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
7. The Palestinian people have suffered tremendous human rights abuses and at the same time made many sacrifices in defence of Al-Aqsa.
Your affiliation will be an appreciation of their efforts and a show of solidarity.
SHOW YOU CAREBECOME A FRIEND TODAY !
1. You will receive free information and literature that we publish.
2. According to your commitments, with your help, meetings and conferences in your area can be organised.
3. Assist us in publicising the dangers to Al-Aqsa, human right violations by Israel and in co-ordinating our efforts.